This program recognizes deserving individuals who demonstrate leadership, character, diversity, community involvement, and the potential to be future leaders in the venue management industry.
The Joseph A. Floreano Scholarship + Internship Program was established after the untimely passing of Joseph A. Floreano, CFE, a long-time IAVM member, Foundation Trustee and the first and only Honorary Chairman of the Foundation Board of Trustees. Floreano was known for giving selflessly in both time and money to worthy industry causes. His leadership was aspirational and he took great pride in mentoring and supporting the advancement of the venue management industry. Joe Floreano was not only incredibly instrumental in the development of the Foundation’s ‘Build An Amazing Future’ campaign but also became the inspiration as he truly resembled and embodied everything it stands for. The contributions Floreano made to the Foundation are immeasurable and with that we believed that the naming of the scholarship program would be the most appropriate way to honor his legacy that will forever leave a mark on the Foundation.
Foundation Scholarships + Internships Available
The Joseph A. Floreano Scholarship + Internship Program offers (5) five types of scholarships to the International Convention Center Conference (ICCC).
The following scholarships + internship will be awarded:
Outstanding Leadership Scholarship
The outstanding leadership scholarship is the Foundation’s most prestigious scholarship, as it represents the amazing, one-of-a-kind, larger than life personality that was Joe Floreano. Open to all applicants. Applicants will be awarded based on outstanding achievement in your venue, excellence in community involvement, demonstration of philanthropic support, character, sense of humor, professional development, future leadership aspirations and commitment to advancing the venue management industry.
The diversity scholarship focuses on broadening the number of traditionally underrepresented groups in the venue management industry. Applicants must be American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian, Black/African American, Hispanic/Latino or Native Hawaiian/Other Pacific Islander. Applicants will be awarded based on their character, leadership, professional development, financial need and commitment to advancing the venue management industry.
Scholarship for Industry Women
The scholarship for industry women focuses on broadening and raising awareness of the opportunities for females in a historically male dominant industry of venue management. Applicants must be a female working in a venue. Applicants will be awarded based on their character, leadership, professional development, financial need and commitment to the next generation of women in the venue management industry.
Young Professional Scholarship
The young professional scholarship focuses on identifying and developing the talent of venue management professionals to further develop their career and skillset. Applicants must be 30 years of age or younger (at the time of the sector meeting) and working full time in a venue. Applicants will be awarded based on their character, leadership, professional development, financial need and commitment to advancing the venue management industry.
The student internship focuses on creating an educational experience and hands-on involvement. The Foundation will be providing (1) one internship at each sector meeting. Applicants must be at least 21 years or older (at the time of the sector meeting). Applicant must be willing to support IAVM staff onsite with various tasks (i.e. registration, meeting logistics, fundraising support, event support, etc.) and must also be in the final year of the undergraduate or graduate program in the venue management industry. Applicants must also be willing to working a minimum of four – five* hours each day during the sector meeting (*actual hours may vary). Applicants will be awarded based on their character, financial need and commitment to the venue management industry.
To apply for ICCC scholarships:
To apply for the ICCC internship:
Application Deadline: July 1, 2016
General Guidelines & Criteria:
• The Foundation will provide recipients with hotel accommodations (# of nights vary at each meeting) at the appropriate sector meeting, school and conference.
• The Foundation will provide recipients with full registration to the sector meeting, school and conference. Registration does not include optional activity fees, such as the golf tournament, tours, etc.
• Recipients are responsible for their own transportation and any incidental costs accrued, including additional in-room costs.
• Recipients are permitted to one scholarship annually (excludes internships).
• Recipients must be able and willing to attend the sector meeting, school and conference for which the applicant is granted.
• Recipients must be willing to support the Foundation’s fundraising initiatives by providing testimonials, blogging about their experience and participating in speaking opportunities as an advocate for the Foundation.
• Applicants must have a current IAVM membership in good standing.
• Applicants must upload and attach resume to the online application.
• All applications will be reviewed by the Foundation Scholarship, Internship & 30U30 Selection Committee, which includes industry representatives from all sectors.
• Recipients will be notified via email from the Foundation.