VenueConnect Planning Committee
Angie Teel, CMP - VICE CHAIR
David Bennett, MBA, CVP
Matthew Gibson, CFE
Matthew Hollander, CFE
Robert Hunter, CFE
Christopher Lamberth, AIA, ASC
Kent Meredith, CFE
Scott Mullen, CFE
Jennifer Norris, MFA
Clifford Rippetoe, CFE
Naz Sabripour, CEM, CVP
Peter Secord, MBA
John Siehl, CFE
Dana Stoehr, CFE
Randy Vogel, CFE
This committee works with staff to prepare the professional development/education content of VenueConnect, the Annual Conference & Trade Show for IAVM. Participants shall include: representatives from each sector (venue type), as well as members representing diverse interests, including experience levels, positions, geographic location, etc. to create a strong program with relevant and practical education content.
This is a program committee, meaning it is constituted annually to provide content and input to staff to enable significant progress toward the Results Policies set by the Board of Directors.
- Vice Chair
- Chair and Vice Chair of each sector committee – Allied, Arenas, Amphitheaters & Fairgrounds, Convention Centers, Performing Arts, Stadiums, Universities.
- At large members that represent sector types, regions and allied interests that are committed to working with staff to develop the programming for VenueConnect.
Volunteer Code of Conduct:
You are working with others as a team so be considerate of how your actions or contribution affects your colleagues and the association as a whole.
Treat other IAVM members, committee members and staff with respect in words, tone and action.
Check your e-mails regularly and answer them promptly—even if it's "I'll get back to you."
Sometimes the hardest thing to say is "no" or admit you've forgotten to do something. Be honest with each other and yourself with regards to what you say and what you can realistically commit to do.
Volunteers are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of all proprietary or privileged information to which they are exposed while serving as a volunteer, whether this information involves a single staff, volunteer, client, or other person or involves overall association business. Failure to maintain confidentiality may result in termination of the volunteer's relationship with the committee or other corrective action.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Chair and Vice Chair:
- Chair – Responsible for ensuring the committee members are effectively engaged in order to achieve the mission. Develops agendas and chairs meetings. Submits reports to the President/CEO and/or staff upon request.
- Vice Chair- In absence of the chair, responsible for ensuring the committee members are effectively engaged in order to achieve the mission; develops agendas and chairs meetings; submits reports to the President/CEO and/or staff upon request.
- Chair (and/or Vice Chair) will actively seek input from committee members during regularly scheduled meetings and conference calls. Sometimes calling on quieter committee members is appropriate.
- Chair (and/or Vice Chair) will actively assign tasks to committee members as appropriate.
Roles and Responsibilities of Committee Members:
Collaborate with IAVM staff to -
- Develop a strong VenueConnect education program that fulfills the vision and mission of the association. Identify relevant topics/issues and speakers that will proactively provide tangible enhancement to the venue management work place and value to IAVM members.
- Nominate potential local host member involvement and participation.
- Develop, if needed, smaller sub-committees to address a specific need.
- Attending VenueConnect, and the committee meeting at VenueConnect.
- Attending training sessions on Coherent Governance at VenueConnect, via webinar, or other options, if available.
- Reading the book “Good Governance is a Choice” by Randy Quinn and Linda Dawson (very quick read).
- Provide information on VenueConnect for the IAVM Newsletter to communicate education, speakers, etc.
- Meet during VenueConnect at specified times with a prepared agenda.
- Each individual committee / volunteer member will support JustOne, the annual leadership membership drive, by recruiting one new member.
- Participate in meetings via audio conference calls (assisted by HQ) as requested by IAVM President/CEO and/or staff. Each individual committee member should participate in 80% of the organized calls.
- Meet agreed upon deadlines.
- Individual committee members will be evaluated by the Chair as to attendance, participation and handling of assignments. This information will be reviewed by IAVM President & CEO to assess future volunteer leadership roles.
Roles and Responsibilities of Staff:
Collaborate with volunteer committee to -
- Develop, monitor and achieve budget goals.
- Develop an initial draft schedule for the conference.
- Manage all logistics, marketing and sales.
- Meet agreed upon deadlines.
- Negotiate and sign contracts.
- Communicate with the local host committee. This includes, but is not limited to, soliciting tours (if applicable), and outings (such as golf, wine tastings, etc.).
- Staff the event.
- Conduct site visits and select sites based on pre-approved criteria from the committee.
- Participate on all conference calls and/or meetings.
- Provide minutes to the committee chair within ten (10) business days of each conference call/meeting, for distribution to the entire committee within twenty (20) business days.