Bobby Goldwater - VICE CHAIR
David Bennett, MBA
Alex Keen, ETCP
Frantzer Le Blanc
Brad Murphy, CFE
Cameron Ungar, CMP, CMP
The committee represents the interest of university members and constituents and provides educational programming on university venue-related topics at meetings and conferences. The committee will provide support for instructors and administrators involved in teaching sports management, hospitality or venue management programs; and will facilitate the engagement within the industry and IAVM. The committee provides membership value to University-affiliated members through initiatives identified, networking opportunities and other services designed to assist industry growth.
This is a management committee meaning it is constituted to meet regularly or on an “as needed” basis to provide content and input to staff to enable significant progress toward the Results Policies set by the Board of Directors.
- Vice Chair
- Membership representatives from University venues, University faculty and administrators, and if possible, a textbook author.
- A minimum of 12 active members to assist in fulfilling the committee’s mission to be taken from the above categories.
Vacancies should be filled no later than September 1, annually.
Volunteer Code of Conduct:
You are working with others as a team so be considerate of how your actions or contribution affects your colleagues and the association as a whole.
Treat other IAVM members, committee members and staff with respect in words, tone and action.
Check your e-mails regularly and answer them promptly—even if it's "I'll get back to you."
Sometimes the hardest thing to say is "no" or admit you've forgotten to do something. Be honest with each other and yourself with regards to what you say and what you can realistically commit to do.
Volunteers are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of all proprietary or privileged information to which they are exposed while serving as a volunteer, whether this information involves a single staff, volunteer, client, or other person or involves overall association business. Failure to maintain confidentiality may result in termination of the volunteer's relationship with the committee or other corrective action.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Chair and Vice Chair:
- Chair – Responsible for ensuring the committee members are effectively engaged in order to achieve the mission. Develops agendas and chairs meetings. Submits reports to the President/CEO and/or staff upon request.
- Vice Chair- In absence of the chair, responsible for ensuring the committee members are effectively engaged in order to achieve the mission; develops agendas and chairs meetings; submits reports to the President/CEO and/or staff upon request.
- Chair (and/or Vice Chair) will actively seek input from committee members during regularly scheduled meetings and conference calls. Sometimes calling on quieter committee members is appropriate.
- Chair (and/or Vice Chair) will actively assign tasks to committee members as appropriate.
Roles and Responsibilities of Committee Members:
Collaborate with IAVM staff to –
- Provide University venue specific programming at VenueConnect as required.
- Attending VenueConnect, the committee meeting and governance training at VenueConnect.
- Attending training sessions on Coherent Governance at VenueConnect, via webinar, or other options, if available.
- Reading the book “Good Governance is a Choice” by Randy Quinn and Linda Dawson (very quick read).
- Provide support and recruit industry professionals to assist with teachers regarding industry specific topics in the classroom.
- Assist IAVM with support for IAVM textbook and contacts for sample distribution.
- Produce in conjunction with HQ staff a textbook discussion panel at VenueConnect.
- Work with IAVM staff to develop, if needed, smaller sub-groups to address a specific need.
- Assist IAVM staff with awareness for and encouragement to strive for continued learning and Certified Venue Professional designation.
- Provide content for Facility Manager Magazine around University topics.
- Each individual committee / volunteer member will support JustOne, the annual leadership membership drive, by recruiting one new member.
- Meet agreed upon deadlines.
- Meet during VenueConnect at specified times with a prepared agenda.
- Participate in meetings via audio conference calls (assisted by HQ) as requested by IAVM President/CEO and/or staff. Each individual committee member should participate in 80% of the organized calls.
- Each individual committee member will begin or continue one thread on VenuNet on the University Community each month.
- Each individual committee member is encouraged to write one or more blog post(s), champion local Chapter Meetings, write articles/content for FM Magazine, participate as thought leaders in the Student Google Hangout, coordinated by the Young Professionals Committee.
Individual committee members will be evaluated by the Chair as to attendance, participation and handling of assignments. This information will be reviewed by IAVM President & CEO to assess future volunteer leadership roles.
Roles and Responsibilities of Staff:
Collaborate with volunteer committee to -
- Develop, monitor and achieve deliverable goals.
- Manage all logistics, marketing and sales.
- Meet agreed upon deadlines.
- Create time in the schedule for VenueConnect programming.
- Participate on all conference calls and/or meetings.
- Provide minutes to the committee chair within ten (10) business days of each conference call/meeting, for distribution to the entire committee within twenty (20) business days.