Tim Trefzer - CHAIR
Brent Buchanan - VICE CHAIR
Jeff Davis, CMP, CVP - PAST CHAIR
Julie Bunker, MA
The committee will work to promote the concept of sustainable venues in the sports, performing arts, convention center/exhibitions and entertainment industries by facilitating a series of webinars and/or educational sessions, if applicable. The Sustainability Committee will strive to enhance the value of membership within the Association by embracing the opportunity to educate our members on all areas of sustainability within the industry.
This is an advisory committee, meaning it is constituted annually to provide content and input to staff to enable significant progress toward the Results Policies set by the Board of Directors.
- Vice Chair
- A minimum of 6 professional and/or allied members that have experience and interest in creating a sustainable environment for our industry.
Vacancies should be filled no later than September 1, annually and assume roles following VenueConnect.
Volunteer Code of Conduct:
You are working with others as a team so be considerate of how your actions or contribution affects your colleagues and the association as a whole.
Treat other IAVM members, committee members and staff with respect in words, tone and action.
Check your e-mails regularly and answer them promptly—even if it's "I'll get back to you."
Sometimes the hardest thing to say is "no" or admit you've forgotten to do something. Be honest with each other and yourself with regards to what you say and what you can realistically commit to do.
Volunteers are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of all proprietary or privileged information to which they are exposed while serving as a volunteer, whether this information involves a single staff, volunteer, client, or other person or involves overall association business. Failure to maintain confidentiality may result in termination of the volunteer's relationship with the committee or other corrective action.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Chair and Vice Chair:
- Chair – Responsible for ensuring the committee members are effectively engaged in order to achieve the mission. Develops agendas and chairs meetings. Submits reports to the President/CEO and/or staff upon request.
- Vice Chair- In absence of the chair, responsible for ensuring the committee members are effectively engaged in order to achieve the mission; develops agendas and chairs meetings; submits reports to the President/CEO and/or staff upon request.
- Chair (and/or Vice Chair) will actively seek input from committee members during regularly scheduled meetings and conference calls. Sometimes calling on quieter committee members is appropriate.
- Chair (and/or Vice Chair) will actively assign tasks to committee members as appropriate.
Roles and Responsibilities of Committee Members:
Collaborate with IAVM staff to -
- Develop relationships with the United States Green Building Council, and other relevant international agencies, regarding Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED).
- Improve industry awareness of sustainability issues by producing 3 webinars annually on trending sustainability topics/issues.
- Create opportunities for the exchange of ideas and information in support of sustainable facilities in the venue industry by offering sessions during VenueConnect.
- Work with IAVM staff to develop, if needed, smaller sub-committees to address a specific need.
- Participation in at least 80% of regular committee conference calls.
- Attending VenueConnect, the committee meeting and governance training at VenueConnect.
- Attending training sessions on Coherent Governance at VenueConnect, via webinar, or other options, if available.
- Reading the book “Good Governance is a Choice” by Randy Quinn and Linda Dawson (very quick read).
- Provide information on sustainability for the IAVM Newsletter.
- Each individual committee / volunteer member will support JustOne, the annual leadership membership drive, by recruiting one new member.
- Meet during VenueConnect at specified times with a prepared agenda.
- Meet agreed upon deadlines.
Roles and Responsibilities of Staff:
Collaborate with volunteer committee to -
- Develop an initial draft schedule for the webinars and sessions during VenueConnect.
- Manage all logistics, marketing and sales.
- Meet agreed upon deadlines.
- Participate on all conference calls and/or meetings.
- Provide minutes to the committee chair within ten (10) business days of each conference call/meeting, for distribution to the entire committee within twenty (20) business days.