Billy Langenstein - CHAIR
Zachary Kerns - VICE CHAIR
Guy Hedderwick, AEVP
Aaron Schmitt, CVP
Patrick Tetrick, GSP
The Committee assists the staff by representing the global interests of the stadiums’ industry. The primary focus is to encourage and equip professionals in the discipline of stadium operation and management.
This is a management committee meaning it is constituted to meet regularly or on an “as needed” basis to provide content and input to staff to enable significant progress toward the Results Policies set by the Board of Directors.
- Vice Chair
- Sector Director
- A minimum of 7 stadium and/or allied members that are committed to working with staff to fulfill the mission.
Vacancies should be filled no later than September 1, annually and assume roles following VenueConnect.
Volunteer Code of Conduct:
You are working with others as a team so be considerate of how your actions or contribution affects your colleagues and the association as a whole.
Treat one another and members of the association with respect. Everyone can make a valuable contribution to IAVM. We may not always agree, but disagreement is no excuse for poor behavior or poor manners. We might all experience some frustration now and then, but we cannot allow that frustration to turn into a personal attack. We expect the members of IAVM to be respectful when dealing with other volunteers as well as with people from other projects and initiatives.
Check your e-mails regularly and answer them promptly—even if it's "I'll get back to you."
Sometimes the hardest thing to say is "no" or admit you've forgotten to do something. Be honest with each other and yourself with regards to what you say and what you can realistically commit to.
Volunteers are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of all proprietary or privileged information to which they are exposed while serving as a volunteer, whether this information involves a single staff, volunteer, client, or other person or involves overall association business. Failure to maintain confidentiality may result in termination of the volunteer's relationship with the committee or other corrective action.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Chair and Vice Chair:
- Chair – Responsible for ensuring the committee members are effectively engaged in order to achieve the mission. Develops agendas and chairs meetings. Submits reports to the President/CEO and/or staff upon request.
- Vice Chair- In absence of the chair, responsible for ensuring the committee members are effectively engaged in order to achieve the mission; develops agendas and chairs meetings; submits reports to the President/CEO and/or staff upon request.
- Chair (and/or Vice Chair) will actively seek input from committee members during regularly scheduled meetings and conference calls.
- Chair (and/or Vice Chair) will actively assign tasks to committee members that are tailored to the needs discussed.
Roles and Responsibilities of Committee Members:
Collaborate with IAVM staff to –
- Provide stadium venue specific programming at VenueConnect as required.
- Participate in at least 80% of regular committee conference calls (typically scheduled one time a month).
- Attend VenueConnect (including the Stadiums Committee meeting at VenueConnect, the Stadiums Town Hall and any sessions presented by the Stadiums Committee).
- Regularly read the Stadiums Blog postings on the IAVM web site and provide commentary.
- Author at least one Stadiums Blog posting.
- Participate in the Stadiums Committee member outreach efforts as assigned.
- Take an active role in Stadiums Committee projects. Most of the time the chair and/or vice chair will ask for volunteers, but there will be times when items are assigned.
- Each year, we strive to hit 100% participation from all members to make a financial donation to the IAVM Foundation. It is the goal of the Stadium’s Committee to lead by example. Donation amounts are at the discretion of the committee member.
- Represent the IAVM Stadiums Committee at all League and non-IAVM conferences that you attend. Serve as an ambassador for IAVM and the Stadiums Committee and promote them appropriately.
- Attending training sessions on Coherent Governance at VenueConnect, via webinar, or other options, if available.
- Reading the book “Good Governance is a Choice” by Randy Quinn and Linda Dawson (very quick read).
- Provide information on stadiums for the IAVM Newsletter to communicate education, speakers, etc.
- Each individual committee / volunteer member will support JustOne, the annual leadership membership drive, by recruiting one new member.
- Advise staff on issues and relevant programs/products for stadiums.
- Meet agreed upon deadlines.
Roles and Responsibilities of Staff:
Collaborate with volunteer committee to -
- Develop an initial stadiums programming schedule for conference.
- Manage all logistics, marketing and sales.
- Meet agreed upon deadlines.
- Participate on all conference calls and/or meetings.
- Provide minutes to the committee chair within ten (10) business days of each conference call/meeting, for distribution to the entire committee within twenty (20) business days.