This program recognizes deserving individuals who demonstrate leadership, character, diversity, community involvement, and the potential to be future leaders in the venue management industry.
The Joseph A. Floreano Scholarship + Internship Program was established after the untimely passing of Joseph A. Floreano, CFE, a long-time IAVM member, Foundation Trustee and the first and only Honorary Chairman of the Foundation Board of Trustees. Floreano was known for giving selflessly in both time and money to worthy industry causes. His leadership was aspirational and he took great pride in mentoring and supporting the advancement of the venue management industry. Joe Floreano was not only incredibly instrumental in the development of the Foundation’s ‘Build An Amazing Future’ campaign but also became the inspiration as he truly resembled and embodied everything it stands for. The contributions Floreano made to the Foundation are immeasurable and with that we believed that the naming of the scholarship program would be the most appropriate way to honor his legacy that will forever leave a mark on the Foundation.
Foundation Scholarships Available
The Joseph A. Floreano Scholarship Program offers (4) five types of scholarships to the Performing Arts Managers Conference (PAMC).
The following scholarships will be awarded:
Outstanding Leadership Scholarship
The outstanding leadership scholarship is the Foundation’s most prestigious scholarship, as it represents the amazing, one-of-a-kind, larger than life personality that was Joe Floreano. Open to all applicants. Applicants will be awarded based on outstanding achievement in a venue or venue management focused undergraduate or graduate program, excellence in community involvement, demonstration of philanthropic support, character, sense of humor, professional development, future leadership aspirations and commitment to advancing the venue management industry.
The diversity scholarship focuses on broadening the number of traditionally underrepresented groups in the venue management industry. Applicants must be American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian, Black/African American, Hispanic/Latino or Native Hawaiian/Other Pacific Islander. Applicants will be awarded based on their character, leadership, professional development, financial need and commitment to advancing the venue management industry.
Scholarship for Industry Women
The scholarship for industry women focuses on broadening and raising awareness of the opportunities for females in a historically male dominant industry of venue management. Applicants must be a female working in a venue. Applicants will be awarded based on their character, leadership, professional development, financial need and commitment to the next generation of women in the venue management industry.
Young Professional Scholarship
The young professional scholarship focuses on identifying and developing the talent of venue management professionals to further develop their career and skillset. Applicants must be 30 years of age or younger (at the time of the sector meeting) and working in a venue. Applicants will be awarded based on their character, leadership, professional development, financial need and commitment to advancing the venue management industry.
To apply for scholarships:
Application Deadline: December 12, 2016
General Guidelines & Criteria:
• The Foundation will provide recipients with a travel stipend or hotel accommodations (# of nights vary at each meeting) at the appropriate sector meeting, school and conference.
• The Foundation will provide recipients with full registration to the sector meeting, school and conference. Registration does not include optional activity fees, such as the golf tournament, tours, etc.
• Recipients are responsible for their own transportation and any incidental costs accrued, including additional in-room costs.
• Recipients are permitted to one scholarship annually (excludes internships).
• Recipients must be able and willing to attend the sector meeting, school and conference for which the applicant is granted.
• Recipients must be willing to support the Foundation’s fundraising initiatives by providing testimonials, blogging about their experience and participating in speaking opportunities as an advocate for the Foundation.
• Applicants must have a current IAVM membership in good standing.
• Applicants must upload and attach resume to the online application.
• All applications will be reviewed by the Foundation Scholarship, Internship & 30|UNDER|30 Selection Committee, which includes industry representatives from all sectors.
• Recipients will be notified via email from the Foundation.